During the year, various utility programs may be available based on funding. Applicants must be income-eligible and participate in an educational workshop/session before the release of the payment to the utility company.
Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program:
LIHWAP funds will be used to assist income-eligible residents in Clinton, Eaton, Ingham, and Shiawassee counties with water and sewer bills, shut-offs, and reconnection fees.
Organizations with clients that have over-due balances are responsible for contacting CACS directly to apply for assistance.
For CACS to make payments to your organization on behalf of any of your customers applying for LIHWAP assistance, you will need to:
- Submit a fully completed MOU (template attached)
- Fill in your Entity Name with Primary Contact Information on Page 1
- Complete one of the signature blocks at the bottom of Page 1, and sign it
- Fill in your Entity Name in each of the highlighted/underlined blanks on Pages 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
2. Submit a completed W-9 (blank form attached)
- If you believe CACS has a W-9 already on file for your organization, please feel free to check with us before filling and submitting another
3. Register with the MDHHS in SIGMA Vendor Self Service (VSS) to receive LIHWAP SER payments, if not a currently registered vendor:
You may return the completed MOU and W-9 either of the following ways:
Regular Mail or In Person: Attention – LIHWAP/Pam Elise
Capital Area Community Services, Inc.
1301 Rensen Street
Lansing, MI 48910
CARES Act or CERA Funders: