Capital Area Community Services Inc. is hiring multiple positions in Ingham, Eaton, Clinton, and Shiawassee County. CACS offers medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance after 60 days of employment. We also offer very generous paid time off and a 403(b) retirement savings plan with a matching contribution. Apply now by clicking the link below. 

Homeless Assistance

Certain housing services are only available in Shiawassee and Clinton County. All counties can help refer individuals to local resources that best fit your needs. Below are the services available through Shiawassee and Clinton County.

Housing Assessment Resource Agency (Shiawassee County)

Provides centralized intake and housing assessment, information and referral for individuals and families who are homeless or who are at risk of homelessness.

Rapid Re-Housing Programs (Clinton and Shiawassee Counties)

The goal is to make each household’s experience of homelessness as brief as possible by moving them into permanent housing quickly and to support the household in their efforts to live as independently as possible.

Permanent Supportive Housing Program (Shiawassee County)

Pairs rental assistance and supportive services to disabled homeless individuals and/or families to help them achieve housing security and lead more stable lives.

Emergency Solutions Grant Program (MSHDA ESG) (Shiawassee County)

Offers assistance responding to the needs of homeless and at-risk populations through a community-wide planning process and implementation strategy known as the Plan to Prevent and End Homelessness.

*Programs provide eligible participants with housing case management and rental assistance.  Eligibility criteria may vary per program.

** Click here to view the MSHMIS Privacy and Confidentiality Notice

Eligibility Criteria

Individual or family who lacks a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence, meaning: (i) Has a primary nighttime residence that is a public or private place not meant for human habitation; (ii) Is living in a publicly or privately operated shelter designated to provide temporary living arrangements (including congregate shelters, transitional housing, and hotels and motels paid for by charitable organizations or by federal, state and local government programs); or (iii) Is exiting an institution where (s)he has resided for 90 days or less and who resided in an emergency shelter or place not meant for human habitation immediately before entering that institution.

Prevention Assistance

Individual or family who will imminently lose their primary nighttime residence, provided that: (i) Residence will be lost within 14 days of the date of application for homeless assistance; (ii) No subsequent residence has been identified; and (iii) The individual or family lacks the resources or support networks needed to obtain other permanent housing.