Capital Area Community Services Inc. is hiring multiple positions in Ingham, Eaton, Clinton, and Shiawassee County. CACS offers medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance after 60 days of employment. We also offer very generous paid time off and a 403(b) retirement savings plan with a matching contribution. Apply now by clicking the link below. 

Food Programs

Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CFSP)

CSFP food packages are distributed monthly to supplement the nutritional needs of income-eligible persons at least 60 years of age who meet income eligibility requirements. Food packages have a retail value of approximately $50.00.

In addition to distributing food, this program provides recipe suggestions and nutritional information, working to improve the health of participants.

The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP)

TEFAP is a quarterly food assistance program that provides 100% American-grown USDA foods to income-eligible households of all ages four times per year. Although food packages vary, each package includes protein, fruits, vegetables, and pasta/grains to assist recipients in maintaining a healthy diet.

0 lbs
of Food Delivered in 2019/2020
  • Milk—shelf stable milk
  • Non-fat dry milk
  • Peanut Butter or Dry Beans
  • Rice or Pasta
  • Cereal
  • Cheese
  • Canned Fruits
  • Canned Vegetables-low sodium
  • Canned Meat, Poultry or Fish
  • 100% Juice

Michigan offers TEFAP and CSFP in every county. Food is distributed to a variety of sites such as pantries, churches, senior centers, senior housing and community buildings.

CACS Inc. distributes food at our warehouses as well as mobile distributions to local areas. 

If you cannot pick up your foods, someone may be your “proxy” and will need a note from you to pick up your foods.

Michigan allows for TEFAP participation based on the following:

  • Participation in the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
  • Participation in the Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP)
  • Participation in the Family Independence Program (FIP)
  • Participation in the Supplemental Food Assistance Program (SNAP)
  • Households with children who receive free/reduced priced meals at their school through the National School Lunch Program
  • Households that meet USDA income guidelines

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at: USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

1. mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or

2. fax: (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or

3. email: program.intake@usda.gov


This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

USDA Civil Rights Complaint Link: https://www.usda.gov/sites/default/files/documents/USDA-OASCR%20P-Complaint-Form-0508-0002-508-11-28-17Fax2Mail.pdf