Partnerships between parents and staff are designed to promote each family’s well-being through education, support services and increased access to community resources. Head Start supports families by assisting with goal setting and follow up. Research indicates that families who establish both short and long-term goals are more likely to achieve those things in life that are important to them.
Our Family Advocates can help families find community resources to meet the needs of each family. Parents can also find community resources and workshops listed in our monthly newsletters. You can download our newsletters at (link to newsletters).
We offer multiple workshops and activities to the public for parents to engage and learn along with their children. These workshops provide valuable opportunities to work on parenting skills.
Workshops and Activities:
Support to achieve parent goals:
- GED or High School Completion
- Workshops for parents including Literacy, Effective Discipline, Money Management, Reflections, Budgeting, and Very Important Male workshops
- Family Connection Backpacks (activities for you to do at home with your child)
- Monthly workshops presented in Spanish
- Connections to community workshops
Early Intervention Specialists:
- The Early Intervention Department supports staff, children, and parents by providing services, early identification, and referrals to school districts and other community agencies. In partnership with other program staff, they help build knowledge and skills through training and workshops.
- Observe children in classrooms to identify who may need additional support
- Communicate with staff and parents so everyone can work together in the child’s best interest.
- Partner with school districts and community agencies to further evaluations and services.
- Educate on child development, family development and mental health topics.
- Promote wellness for all through program-wide goals of “Be safe, be kind, be healthy”.
- Children will not be excluded based on a disability or need for toileting assistance.