COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT OPPORTUNITY 2021-2023
Capital Area Community Services Seeking Community/Private-Sector Representatives to Serve on Agency Board of Directors
CACS, Inc, is a private, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization governed by a Board of Directors (BOD) consisting of elected officials, Agency consumers, and community/private sector representatives. Among the functions of the BOD are:
- Developing a total strategy, including initiatives and planning, within the framework of local, public, private, State, and Federal resources to address poverty.
- Encouragement of and assistance to all individuals, groups, and organizations who desire to plan and implement projects directed towards the attack on poverty.
- Coordination of the activities of all individuals, organizations, and agencies to bring about a total effort to determine the causes of poverty and work to reduce poverty.
Eligibility: 1) Reside in the CACS service area – Ingham, Eaton, Clinton and Shiawassee Counties.
2) Be eligible to attend and participate in various Board and committee meetings.
If you are interested in learning more about serving on the CACS Board of Directors or learning more about what this opportunity involves, please call the identified contact person for your community or call the CACS Administrative Office located at 101 E. Willow Street, Lansing, MI 48906, (517) 482-6281, ext. 675 or ext. 103.
CACS Service Centers
- Clinton County, Pauline Baert, (989) 224-6702
- Eaton County, Jeff Keener, (517) 543-5465
- Lansing/East Lansing, Jamie O’Dell, (517) 393-7077
- Rural Ingham County, Marina Poroshin, (517) 676-1065
- Shiawassee County, Becky Zemla, (989) 723-3115
A Candidate Registration Form (linked below) must be completed and returned to Ms. Kay Snow, Capital Area Community Services, 101 E. Willow Street, Lansing, MI 48906 by October 15, 2021.
You will be contacted and provided with the election process information and guidelines. The election will take place at the CACS annual meeting to be held on Monday, December 6, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. at 1301 Rensen, Lansing, MI 48910.